Keto Baconed Meatloaf
1 onion, sliced
2 T grass-fed butter , Kerry Gold
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme or 2 drops thyme EO
1/2 tsp coconut aminos*
1/3 cup bone broth
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 cup coconut cream* (I use Thrive Market brand, see note below)
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 lbs ground beef
3 ounces pork rinds, crushed
3 large eggs, beaten
8 strips bacon, nitrate-free
Spicy Tomato Paste
2 tsp tomato paste
1/8 cup bone broth
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
2 T Lakanto MonkFruit Sweetener Golden sugar (I get mine at Thrive, see note below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a medium casserole dish with aluminum foil lined with parchment paper or simply plan to use the same medium-large cast iron skillet for the entire recipe.
2. In a medium-large cast iron skillet, cook the onions, butter, salt, pepper, and thyme or thyme vitality EO over medium-low heat until the onions are translucent, approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Add in the coconut aminos, bone broth, tomato paste, & coconut cream and mix well. Set aside to cool until room temperature.
4. Combine the ground beef, pork rinds, eggs, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix until combined and place into the casserole dish or back into the cast iron skillet.
5. Place the strips of bacon along the top and sides of the meatloaf and tuck the ends under the meatloaf. If using cast iron skillet, place bacon on the top and gently tuck the ends down the sides of the meatloaf, against the skillet.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Brush the top of the baconed meatloaf with the spicy tomato paste and then bake another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat loaf reaches 160 degrees.
8. Serve hot with some mashed garlicky cauliflower.
Notes: To make it even more KetoTastic, swap out the ground beef for ground sausage! Wow!
You can grab everything with an * at Thrive market. Use my link to get $25 in free groceries and you can test it out for 30 days of free trial! http://thrv.me/srelledge